- To provide all service users, learners and potential learners with information and advice that
empowers them to make the correct choices about learning and work.
- To actively promote the provision of information and advice that meets the Matrix standard throughout the
Our objectives are to ensure that all service users, learners and potential learners:
- Receive clear, accurate, up to date, accessible, objective and impartial information before committing to a course
- Can access opportunities to discuss how a proposed course meets their needs with (1) assessors or support staff (2) specialist IAG from our partner organisations (3) external specialists.
- Can be confident that staff have been appropriately trained and developed to deliver IAG that meets the Matrix Standard
- Can access information and advice about (1) available financial help, (2) learning support and / or (3) other opportunities that might meet their needs
- Can access clear, accurate, up-to-date, accessible, objective and impartial IAG about progression opportunities
- Can be signposted or referred speedily for specialist or alternative help, either within or beyond LEARN.ORG.UK.
- Are provided with a range of opportunities to feed back on the IAG service.
In addition, we aim to:
- Provide accurate, timely, accessible and relevant information and advice to colleagues on IAG policy and practice via the one drive
- Raise the profile of IAG and embed the matrix Standard in the LEARN.ORG.UK team through regular briefings, relevant publicity, training and development, by example and through self-assessment.
These objectives can be measured through self-assessment and review.